Improving Communities for an
The AdvantAge Initiative helps community-based organizations, foundations, and local and state governments measure their communities’ “aging friendliness” and prepare for a growing older adult population that wishes to “age in place.”
How Aging Friendly is Your Community?
- Does your community help older residents optimize their health and well-being, live independently, and lead productive and satisfying lives?
- Does your community engage older adults as resources, tapping their civic and social strengths?
- Is your community able to support the changing needs of the frail, disabled, and homebound?
- Do the older residents of your community consider it a good place to live for older adults?
- Is planning for a growing older population a priority in your community?
- Does your community have reliable data to inform planning and action?